Friday, October 17, 2008

Not Quite

My father passed away about a month ago. We finally told the kids about it when we got my dad's truck. Up until that point, they had seen my dad once and Ollie had commented about how old and sick he was. Tori and Eli were with me on the day my dad passed away. Tori went to his room with me a couple of times and knew Grandpa was sick, Fortunately, when he passed away, Tori was at her grandma's and stayed there that night, Anyway, she and Ollie now know, and Ollie told me how sorry he was. He seems to get it. Tori, on the other hand, doesn't. She tells me that my dad is dead and I need to get a new one. I have tried to explain to her that it doesn't work that way, but she can't grasp that fact. It will be interesting to see what she thinks and says when we visit the farmhouse next weekend.

No comments: