Wednesday, January 16, 2008

I Can Do It

Sometimes Tori can't do it, and sometimes she can do it. Last night, she ran off with one of my potatoes and said she was going to cut it with a knife. She looked in the draw for a knife, and when she didn't find one, she gave me back the potato and told me to cut it for her. She also thought she could open her own M&M bag, and when that didn't work, she finally relented and let me do it. Of course, there are those times when she can't do anything and you must move her from chair to chair or get her crayons and coloring book for her. Little booger!

Tori has also decided to pick her own clothes. Yesterday, she refused the jeans that went with her top and wore bright pink pants. The flowers on the leg of the pants in no way matched the flowers on her shirt, but she didn't care. This morning, she allowed me to put pink pants and a pink-and-purpe striped shirt on her, but only after she tried to put on the shirt. She was too sleepy to get it on, so she gave in and let me do it. My two-year-old is ready to fly the coop. I am all out of babies until August.

No comments: