Monday, April 10, 2006

Sleepless Wonder

Tori had gotten into a pattern where she only woke once during the night and it was early. Yesterday and last night shattered all of that. She got an early cat nap in the morning and then would fall asleep, but once you put her down, she woke right up crying to be let out. So this routine was repeated until 3 pm when she finally was crabby and tired enough that she cried herself to sleep in 10 minutes. She only slept for 90 minutes, but seemed ready to go.


That night she went to bed around 8:30 and woke up 5 times! I slept through 2 of her wakings (yes, I would be a crappy single parent) and got up with her at 5:45 while her mama was in the shower. She was happy as a clam, while I was still groggy (par for my mornings).

It took Ollie 9 months to sleep through the night, she's going on 10. I'm not sure what its going to take to get her to do the same. Whatever it is, I hope we discover it soon.

No comments: